Our hunt for a blogger family to join us - additional information
Many thanks for your interest in our hunt for a blogger family to join us for 10 amazing adventures over 5 days in early 2019 with AdventureMap (AdMap).
We are looking for a family with teenagers because some of the AdMap members have activities which younger children might not be able to take part in.
The aim is to film a family using the AdMap App to navigate around North Wales and share this on social media https://www.adventuremap.co.uk/admap-app.
We would like to engage…
A friendly fun family who are up for a challenge
Bloggers who represent a UK family travelling/on an adventure with teenagers.
A blogger with good social media engagement and reach; website, facebook page, twitter, YouTube channel and Instagram.
- Always Aim High Events - half marathon/10km/fun run 03/03/19 http://alwaysaimhighevents.com/anglesey-half-marathon/anglesey-half-marathon-anglesey-10k
- Beacon Climbing Centre – all year round, crazy climb
- Dragon Raiders Activity Park – all year round, Segway
- FunSport – all year round, river SUP challenge, cold water
- National White Water Centre – Raft taster, weekends Feb then March onwards
- Oneplanet Adventure – all year round, mountain bike session
- Plas y Brenin – National Mountain Sports Centre – all year round, mountain roped scramble session
- RibRide – all year round, Velocity for over 10 years from Feb
- Surf Snowdonia – closed until June (hopefully I can sort some vouchers to use outside this project)
- ZipWorld – all year round, a number of activities to try!
Why we're looking for a blogger family #bloggersrequired:
North Wales is the UK’s premier location for adventure tourism, nowhere has dramatic scenery, mountains, rivers and lakes. The AdMap group have received funding through Visit Wales to develop the AdMap App. We are now looking to promote this App by engaging with a blogger family.
Our budget isn’t massive, but we hope to cover:
- Travel expenses to North Wales, price per mile (.45p to a max £600 approx. 1,333 miles)
- Transport between locations with a driver
- Accommodation with a member Plas y Brenin or a friendly B&B/glamping partner
- Breakfast (max £7), packed lunch provided and evening meal (max £27 no alcohol)
Max expenses for miles, breakfast and evening meal are in-line with Visit Wales staff guide lines and funded project standards.
Fee, if you charge a fee for your involvement, we need to show maximum value for money. We are hoping to have £100 per day available, to a max £700.
A set of films, part of a campaign, which we can use on our social media channels. Films that the blogger family are happy to share on their channels as part of the digital campaign. Blogger created content at each adventure location and accommodation provider to promote AdMap and North Wales as an amazing adventure destination.
Our Visit Wales targets:
- Family blogger digital campaign, 250K views
- AdMap App target 200K views and 20K downloads
Who is managing this project?
Jo Quinney is a PR and marketing professional based on Anglesey, North Wales. Jo specialises in art marketing and tourism. She is employed PT at RibRide and runs her own business PT. https://www.linkedin.com/in/joquinney/
Jo reports to the AdventureMap group, is responsible for the budget and making the grant claims to Visit Wales.
Subject to discussion and availability.
We will group the adventures together. The suggestion is a weekend 3-nights/2days possibly at half term, must include 03/03/19 for the 10km run. With a further 4-nights/3days during the Easter holidays. Completing an adventure in the morning and afternoon would be a good idea.
And other odd factors like when water is release on the River Tryweryn for rafting at the National White Water Centre, Bala and if the tide is right for SUP-ing the Afon Crigyll with FunSport at Rhosneigr, Anglesey.
If you are still interested in helping us, please email Jo by return. Any information on your social media reach would be much appreciated. It would be useful to know if a bit more about your blogger traveller experience and/or if you are PT or FT and if you are blogger business.
Mrs Jo Quinney MCIPR - Accredited Practitioner
On behalf of the AdventureMap